Hotels and Rental Cars in Egan Louisiana | LAHotels in Louisiana
Tourist attractions in Egan LA
Baton Rouge Zoo
Louisiana State Capitol
Historic New Orleans Collection
Information for Egan
The town of Egan turned into first known as Jonas Cove. After the postmaster of the time, it became known as Regan for a short even as. In 1899, the agreement received the name Canal Switch while canal employees for W. W. Duson built a warehouse for the convenience of rice farmers in the area. The Southern Pacific Railroad operated a transfer there to deal with transport, therefore the call. The final call exchange changed into in honor of William M. Egan, the president of the organization that constructed the rice mill at Egan and evolved the metropolis.
In the early 1870s, roadbed for the Louisiana Western railroad changed into constituted of Lafayette to Egan. It later decided to re-route the railroad south of the Egan vicinity to dispose of bridging throughout Bayous Plaquemine Brûlée and des Cannes. The roadbed, built by means of convict labor, remained and the dust left from it became used to construct Acadia Parish roads. Interstate 10 become constructed on, or almost on, the old roadbed.
In the spring of 1903, John W. Smith